Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sayonara Stick Shift?

I learned to drive on a manual transmission (and somehow my relationship with my Dad survived this!). I remember being 16 and out with my Dad when he made me stop on a hill with a big truck behind me and take off again.

These days stopping on hills and all the other stick-shift terrors don't phase me. I love the feeling of being Jimmy Johnson when I shift to pass. I love everything about a manual transmission. I love being able to get the jump on a much more powerful car at a red light and then grinning as the muscle car whizzes pass me in a huff. An automatic just doesn't feel like real driving to me.

Alas, my love affair may be ended by force. It seems we manual transmission lovers are few and far between. Here's the sad story.

3 comments:

Jon said...

Here's another stick-shift lover!!

RosieBoo said...

I think you like stick-shift because you are in control. :)

RosieBoo said...

I think you like stick-shift because you are in control. :)