Friday, August 10, 2007

Ubiquitous You Tube

It seems everywhere I turn these days, someone is talking about something on You Tube. Knowing that "www" can stand for worldwide waste of time, I had made a diligent effort to avoid the site. Then it happened. I hear my hubby laughing uproariously and he says, “Alisa! Come here, you have to see this.” I like charlatans being exposed, so with that, I was hooked on You Tube.

It began innocently enough. My Mom came down for a visit and knowing how much she likes Merle Haggard, I showed her a clip of him from 1969 singing one of his signature songs.

I saw an interview with Bruce Willis. I’ve always liked him – so much so I actually own an album by him, Return of Bruno! He even had a modest hit, a duet with the Pointer Sisters, Respect Yourself. With a quick search on the web’s video nirvana, you can revisit that bit of 80s nostalgia here.

Always wanted to juggle? Learn how here.

Remember Alex P. Keaton’s dance with Ellen Reed to Billy Vera & the Beaters’ At This Moment? Relive it here.

Wanna see inmates dancing to Michael Jackson’s Thriller? Go here.

See "All for one and one for all" animal style here.

Politically minded? Watch Reagan’s “Tear Down This Wall” speech here. Two years later, the Berlin Wall did come down. Watch an ABC news report on the historic event here.

With the success of You Tube, other sites are getting on the video bandwagon. Google has a video section. There’s at least one video there I wish everyone would watch, The Great Global Warming Swindle. Get beyond the hype here.

1 comment:

Nakiru said...

how long did it take you to find those? and don't worry, you tube is like a chocolate addiction, after a while, you only get cravings periodically.