Saturday, December 30, 2006

A Year In Review, Part 2

There's so many more blessings to recognize from this year. I was able to spend some time with a long-time and dear friend, attended one of the festivities of my childhood church's 100th Anniversary Celebration (and saw the man I called "Bro B", my pastor of 28 years).


I cheered as my brother-in-law won a gold medal for the 2nd year in a row in cycling (made team owner "Papa John" pretty happy too!)

And there was so much more!


A very special opportunity/blessing for Bobby came in October: One aspect of my hubby’s “philosophy of ministry” is that the relationship between pastor and congregation is that of a marriage – you’re in covenant with one another and so you stick it out with each other and go through both the good and the bad together. One of the many good things for him in this marriage is the continuity of generations. He looked forward to baptizing members’ children and later marrying them off. This year, he had the opportunity to do just that - marry off a young man we have watched grow up.

On an absolutely gorgeous day in Autumn, Bobby performed the wedding of David and Alishia Pugh. The Pugh family are dear, dear friends of ours. To be able to watch David grow from a rambunctious kid to a great young man has been a blessing. His new bride Alishia is a wonderful young lady.

I was bah-humbugy this Christmas but my sweet hubby helped me get in the swing of thing with a whirlwind trip to see Christmas lights in Tennessee.

2007 is filling up already. Another Senior Trip (tough life, but somebody’s got to do it!), another trip out West (this time to the Great Tetons and Yellowstone Park) and two more weddings!

When I think about how often I fail the Lord, it's so humbling to consider all His blessings.

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. (Ephesians 3:20)

No comments: